Five Facts About Small Business Insurance Most Aren’t Aware Of
Most don’t pay much attention to their business insurance unless there is a claim or potential claim. There are some interesting facts about small business insurance, however, that can make it a bit more interesting. Here are five of them.
- Small business insurance is very affordable. A recent survey indicates that about 50% of small businesses pay $1,000 or less annually on their business insurance. About 25% spend between $1,000 and $2,000 with the remaining 25% invest over $2,000 annually.
- The most frequent small business claim is theft.Burglary and theft are the most common claim under small business insurance policies. Losses from theft and burglary account for about 20% of all insurance claims made. Other common claims include water damage, customer injuries and product liability claims.
- Most small businesses carry business insurance. Surveys indicate that about 60% of small business owners say they have business insurance. The problem? That means 40% of small businesses are risking their future unnecessarily. A significant property loss or single liability claim can put a small business in jeopardy. In fact, 35% of small businesses said they experienced a business-related event within the past year that could have led to a claim.
- Small business insurance featured “bundling” before bundling was a thing. The most popular small business insurance program is the Business Owners Policy or BOP. This combines the most common forms of insurance to cost-effectively protect a small business. It is in effect, a “bundled” policy that was available long before bundling became popular for consumers.
- Even small businesses are required to carry workers’ compensation insurance. Today, just about every state requires businesses to carry workers’ compensation insurance if they have any employees. Workers’ compensation insurance provides benefits to both the employees and employer in the event of a work-related injury.
If you are one of the approximately 40% of small businesses without any form of small business insurance, it is time to make a change. Small business insurance is affordable and our team of business insurance professionals can help you get started today. Simply call us and let’s discuss your business. Our independent agents will shop a variety of insurance companies that specialize in small business insurance. You can choose the policy and premium to suit you. There’s no cost or obligation when getting a quote. The coverage and peace of mind you deserve. Join the businesses that can operate more fearlessly. Contact us for your small business insurance quote today.